Chemical Composition: >95% Tartaric Acid
Tartaric Acid is a crystalline, organic acidulant that naturally occurs in various plants and fruits. It is widely used in the food and wine industry as an additive due to its naturally sour taste.
• Used as a food preservative and flavouring agent
• Used in leather tanning processes
• Used to make blue ink for blueprints
• Used in silver and gold plating processes
General Safety Measures:
• Keep out of the reach of children
• Always use PPE when handling
• Harmful to aquatic life
• Keep container tightly sealed and in a cool, dry, and isolated ventilated area
• Causes serious eye damage – avoid contact
First Aid Measures:
• If accidentally swallowed, give lots of water as well as seek medical attention
• If there is contact with eyes, rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing and seek medical attention immediately if irritation continues or if loss of vision occurs
• If skin or hair contact occurs, remove contaminated clothing and flush skin and hair with running water. If swelling, redness, blistering or irritation occurs seek medical assistance.
• If inhaled, promptly remove to fresh air
Spillage & Accidental Release Measures:
• Clear area of all unprotected personnel. If contamination of sewers or waterways has occurred advise local emergency services.
• Wear protective equipment to prevent skin and eye contact and breathing in dust. Work up wind or increase
ventilation. Cover with damp absorbent (inert material, sand or soil). Sweep or vacuum up, but avoid generating
dust. Collect and seal in properly labelled containers or drums for disposal.
• Firefighters to ensure the use of full protective clothing and PPE, including proper breathing/oxygen gear
Bermuda Industrial Supplies provides a fully-tracked courier service for all orders and serves the East Coast of Australia (including SA but excluding TAS). Please ensure a residential or business delivery address is provided as we cannot ship to PO Boxes or Parcel Lockers. A contact number is also required for our couriers.
All consignments are safely and securely packed to ensure issue-free delivery. All orders are generally processed within two business days of received payment. For any further delivery inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us via our contact form or on (02) 9604 4344.
Expected Delivery Times:
NSW/ACT - 1-3 Business Days
QLD - 2-5 Business Days
VIC - 2-5 Business Days
SA - 3-6 Business Days